Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Darkness book 2 in the Caster Chronicles Series
By Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


Lena has saved Ethan. But in the process is falling apart. Can the choices that she made make her lose who she is? Or will she become the thing she fears the most. And those that seem like they know nothing have secrets of their own. Ones that can help save Ethan and Lena or destroy them in the end. And even the dead are now telling their own tell. People with powers lose them, the dead walk, and not everything is what it seems.

I really want to like this series, but it seems to fall short for me. I cannot put my finger on what I don't love about it. I know I don't love reading a book written for YA in a males voice (perspective). I also find the character Ethan somewhat whiny and a little pathetic. I also find that I want more action. I feel that just when it can get good the authors skip what can make this series amazing. I am hoping that I will find a way to connect to the characters, but being 2 books in it doesn't look promising.

I feel this book is like most YA books 14 and up.
I only rated this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment