Sunday, January 15, 2012

Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles

Raea lives with her aunt, uncle and cousin. Her mother died in a tragic accident years ago, and Raea doesn't remember much other then what she has been told. But what Raea doesn't know is she isn't from this world. She finds out one day that she is different, wings and special powers she never knew she had she also learns that the boy next door is different too. And he was sent here to earth to teach her how to use her unique abilities to protect the starfire, an amulet she wears around her neck. The only thing she has left of her mother. Can Raea use the memories that are being sent to her to avoid her mothers fate? And can Elis the boy next door do his part to teach and protect her?

I really struggled with this book, the story was slow paced. I didn't feel like it had enough substance for the books I like to read. It was interesting, I liked the twist that angels were from another place, I didn't fall in love with the characters so that I wanted to read all the time. I do not plan on reading book 2, even though this is a series. It ended enough for me, especially for how long it took to read and how little I actually enjoyed it.

It is appropriate for 10 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment